Access Statement for Warren Farm Lodge
Warren Farm Lodge is a family run “Bed & Breakfast” that aims to provide a quiet home-from-home environment for short stay accommodation.
Our home is a converted farmyard situated approximately half a mile from the main road in a quiet location. We have two bedrooms either with private bathrooms. All public rooms in the house are on the same level on the ground floor.
Pre-Arrival and car parking
· We are located down a farm track off Carthagena Road, which is accessed either from the Potton / Biggleswade road or the Potton / Sandy road.
· The nearest railway station at Sandy is about a five minute drive. There is a taxi rank phone just as you leave/enter the Station building.
· There is ample parking within the property, with several places specifically reserved for guests.
· Public transport is not easily accessible from the location.
· You can contact us by telephone, post or email. Please see the "Contact Information" section of this document for full details.
· Upon booking a room we always ask your mode of transport i.e. car/train/bus and an approximate arrival time so we can ensure we are here to greet you.
· If you arrive before lunchtime and your room is not ready then we are happy for you to park your car, check in and leave your luggage with us so you are free to enjoy your day. You will be given your key so you can gain access on your return and your luggage will be waiting for you in your room.
· If necessary please ring the bell-pull on the left hand side of the main door to announce your arrival.
· We are happy to provide assistance with your luggage.
Main Entrance and Reception
· The main driveway provides circular access to the house and the parking spaces. The driveway is gravel.
· There is one step into the entrance hall of 100mm and one step into the house of 150mm. We have portable ramps immediately available for wheel chair users.
· The entrance leading to the front door is York Stone paving slabs.
· There is 24 hour lighting at the front of the building.
· The inner door is the main point of access and is locked at night.
· After registration all guests are issued with a key to access this door.
· The outer front door is closed during the late evening/night it may be easily opened from inside.
· From the main entrance the Guests’ Lounge is located directly ahead. A Guest sun lounge is located past the kitchen.
· All rooms have either brick or parquet flooring with additional rugs.
· Upon arrival guests are shown their rooms and then invited to have a choice of refreshments in the Guests’ Lounge where they can relax whilst completing a registration form.
· All guests on arrival will have all room and house facilities explained especially Fire Evacuation procedure.
Public Areas - General (Internal)
· The owners sleep in the upstairs of the house and can be located easily in an emergency.
· The house has under floor heating throughout. The Lounge has a Stove which is lit during the winter months. Each bedroom also has supplementary thermostatically controlled heaters.
· The house is Wi-Fi enabled so guests can access the Internet from any personal computer equipment which they may have with them.
· There is an iron and trouser press for the use of guests.
Public Areas - Bathroom
· There is a public bathroom on the ground floor just after passing through the sun lounge.
· The bathroom has a toilet, wash hand basin and shower.
Public Areas – Lounge, Dining Room and Sun Lounge
· The Guests are welcome to use the Guests’ Lounge, the Dining room and the Sun Lounge during their stay.
· There are a wide range of maps and leaflets available in the main entrance area.
· There are also various magazines and books available for guests to read during their stay and these are located in the Guests’ Lounge.
· Breakfast is served in the dining room from 7.30 - 10am
· Menus can be supplied in large print if required - please ask.
· All bedrooms have brick flooring with under-floor heating. Rugs are placed in sitting areas. Bedrooms have separate thermostatically controlled heaters, for additional warmth.
· The Corner Suite has a private bathroom with walk in shower, bath and double basins. A wheel chair can be accommodated in this bathroom.
· The North Suite has a private bathroom with bath, shower and sink unit.
· All bathrooms have brick flooring with under-floor heating.
· All bathrooms have a supply of complimentary toiletries and we operate an eco-friendly system of replacing clean towels.
· All rooms have a refreshments tray containing tea, coffee, water, hot chocolate and biscuits. This is replenished daily.
· All rooms have a fridge containing a range of complimentary beverages.
· All rooms have a hairdryer, electric blanket, clothes brush, sewing and shoe cleaning kits.
· All bedrooms have dressing gowns for guest use.
· All rooms have flat screen TV with Freeview and a DVD player.
· All rooms have a Radio/CD player.
· All rooms have two bedside lamps.
· All rooms have wardrobe and drawer storage space.
· All rooms have at least one comfortable chair and a small occasional table.
· Our beds are made up with cotton sheets, and an allergy free duvet. Extra pillows and blankets are available in each room.
· Each bedroom has a Guest Information folder. The Guest Information folder supplies further information about the house and surrounding area which we feel may be of use to our guests.
Loft Bedroom Suite
- The Loft Bedroom Suite is situated on the first floor, accessed via the staircase just prior to the Dining Room.
- The bedroom suite contains a king size double bed with access from both sides.
North Bedroom Suite
· The North Bedroom Suite is situated on the left side after entering into the main entrance door.
· The bedroom suite contains a king size double bed with access from both sides.
· Access to the courtyard is possible directly from the room.
Corner Bedroom Suite
· The Corner Bedroom Suite is directly across the courtyard.
· The room contains a super king size bed with access from both sides.
· The bathroom can accommodate a wheel chair but there are no wall handles. A seat can be supplied for the shower.
Laundry facilities are available on the premises with some advance notice. An ironing board and iron are available on request.
The nearest shops are situated at Potton or Sandy which is a short trip by car.
Grounds and Gardens
· There is an enclosed courtyard to which all rooms have access and extensive gardens to the south (Terrace access is from the Lounge and the Dining Room).
· Our guests are most welcome to use this area during their stay.
· There are a number of outdoor tables and chairs for our guests’ use during their stay.
· There are heat/smoke detectors fitted in the appropriate areas of the house which are connected to the main fire alarm system and directly connected to RedCare.
· In the event of a fire the fire alarm will sound continuously around the building. Please advise us when checking in if you are likely to need assistance in this kind of emergency (i.e. if you have a hearing impairment or disability).
· Should an evacuation be necessary then choose the fastest route to the outside and assemble in the centre of the driveway.
· We are able to accommodate pets on a limited basis by prior arrangement.
· Children of all ages are welcome.
· Smoking is not permitted anywhere within the house.
· We are happy to refrigerate any medication.
· Mobile phone reception is generally good in the area.
Robert & Deirdre Evans
Warren Farm Lodge
Telephone: 01767 262927
Hours of operation: We are open all year. Christmas is our speciality, please ask for further information. We do also take leave at various times during the year.